Saturday, July 12, 2008

New Orleans all the way...

Libby, where oh where have you been....I spent the nicest 4th of July in New Orleans with my dad and my brothers. I was looking forward to it but as the baby with 3 big brothers I'm often bear the brunt of their "jokes". Let's just say it went really, really well. There's not that much that can go wrong with laying by the pool, eating yummy food and having the occasional drink (yeah, right). It was so much fun. Plus, instead of my point and shoot, which I mostly love, I stuffed my big canon 5d with a short little 50mm 1.8 lens on it into my bag (literally). It was the best decision. We just passed it around and went to town. I have 250 of the best photos of my family from my 2 day trip!

A sort of loose rendition of the Reservoir Dogs...this one turned out better than the ill fated Beatles rendition which I won't share on principle...


It's like my dad is the "Saint of Drinking" and Lee is the saint of...oh, never mind...


they said I had to try a hurricane. but they didn't put any alcohol in mine..at least none I could taste...

pretty much sums up the trip right here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome. I laughed until I cried when I saw Lee's special photo op. What a good sport!

and damn! I'm married to one fine looking man! I can't wait to see the rest. I definitely want one of the two of you together at the pool...

Modernicon said...

you just don't like the Beatles photo spread b/c you couldn't be Yoko...