Friday, May 9, 2008

Maddys Wedding

This is my first time blogging a wedding...Ah, just like a proud parent, so many firsts happening so soon. It seems just yesterday I was gazing adoringly and perplexed at my new little baby blog...

After weeks of rain and gloom Maddy and Mike had this amazingly perfect 70 degree Seattle early spring day. They had a big full communion wedding at St Joes which was streaming with beautiful natural light and then the funnest party at Pravda Studios, one of my favorite reception spots. How can you not love two sides of enormous windows, hardwood floors and a big purple wall outside.

And aside from all of the trappings, Maddy and Mike have a really nice, steadfast kind of love. The type where you turn around for a moment and they are just looking at each other adoringly or holding hands or doing something sweet and private. It was such a cute, fun splash of a party!






They had the most delicious signature drink. I'm not sure what it was but when I lost my voice in the middle of the night it really helped (I swear, it was for medical reasons...)


I've never seen a bottle of champagne so big! And everyone signed it throughout the evening..it looked so cool by the end...

Toasts are pretty much my favorite part of the wedding. I like to call it shooting fish in a barrel because it's when your family and friends are sharing stories and everyone is rapt with love and delight for you. I know, that's a sappy sentiment but it's a rare wedding when I'm not tearing or cracking up at the toasts...




Did I mention the awesome purple wall...

It's not often my audience includes all the menfolk smoking cigars and cheering on the sexy photos...



I love a good dance party--especially when it includes kids showing off their moves!


No comments: