Friday, September 12, 2008

The universe answering

I'm a pretty big believer in the universe's ability to give you what you want and are ready for. Not in a hugely dire cosmic way but so many times I've gotten that email from a mom telling me how much she loves her photos just when I'm most down or that homemade meal just when I'm feeling overwhelmed and overworked.

So the other night, way too late, I was reading Tara Whitney's awesome blog and it led me to her friends post about how their 5 year old daughters had a 40 minute impromptu dance party and it made me sad that I don't have my nieces near me and that so many of my friends live so far away and that Ari has gone to school and we can't have dance parties. And then I met him and his mama after school and we had a picnic and I got to visit with a good friend and while she made a phone call he gave me a 10 minute impromptu dance party. The universe is good like that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's the rain or the sleep deprivation or what but I am totally weepy today. I followed the link to Tara Whitney's blog (which is totally awesome), and from there to the nienie mommy blog and it wasn't too far a trip from there to allow my all or nothing thinking to convince me that my blog is totally stupid and that I may as well quit now. Bad, bad brain.

Anonymous said...

oops! I cut off the bottom of my comment. When I was finished whining I said that the photos of Ari are lovely... that he looks so completely full of joy.

Anonymous said...

Libby, further support for why you are my favoritest photographer ever. It's something pretty special to take pictures that so perfectly capture moments like these. I love the little joyful dances Q does (though she has taken to her own rendition of breakdancing lately....)

If I weren't so lazy, I'd send you the link to the place that took Q's school photos so you could feel warm and glow-y about your lovely work.