Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back to basics

Ari and I are finding our footing with the new schedule...I'm picking him up from school now one day a week and then heading out on an adventure. The first week we headed to a park. It was a blast. But I stayed around for dinner and witnessed first hand the effects of over tiredness on a 3 year old. Yes, I will have another glass of wine thank you.

So then we tried a more mellow approach. A walk in a nearby park. He fell asleep in the car and, while I spent a delightful 2 hours having a tea party with my friends in their yard while he slept, it wasn't exactly our most quality time.
This week we headed back to basics...We came home and headed out on a walk. We looked for nuts, mushrooms, worms, berries and big green leaves. We held hands, raced, made up little games and sniffed lots of things. I got a kiss and a hug and a wave goodbye. It was a very good day.
moments before the aforementioned meltdown...

such a pretty boy...
mmm....cedar...good to sniff....

1 comment:

Teresa @ good-grace said...

sounds like such a nice time. (I appreciate the "2nd glass of wine" comment!)