Thursday, February 5, 2009

My impossibly grown up niece

I was talking with a mom the other day who pointed to her 6 year old and said, "can you believe that big boy is my baby!" I had just met her son so it didn't have the same impact on me but I knew the sentiment. Personally I don't often get that, every age sort of seems the age they have always been.

And then I sat down to edit my holiday photos and BAM! it totally hit me. The photo of this big kid, really nearly a teen, this funny, sassy, smart girl is the niece that was 3 years old just last week...She would wear her Dorothy costume to the store and do unselfconscious dance performances, she didn't know how to swim, didn't like french fries and hated talking on the phone...


And to make it an even crazier time warp...by the time her little sister is this age she is going to be 20. Absolutely impossible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow- she really does look grown up. where does the time go? now i feel like an old lady.