Thursday, April 10, 2008

Karaoke

I've decided that even though I just updated my website I'm not really happy with it. Plus some people have had problems with it which makes me really sad. So I've been so into checking out other photographer's websites and blogs.

The whole blog idea is pretty new to me and I really struggle to communicate with my words. I feel like my writing sounds so hokey and, I'll admit it, lame. I don't really want to be the type of photographer that "fell in love with photography when I was given my first camera at age 6" (which may or may not be true) or "discovered photography with the birth of my first born" (which, being childless, definitely isn't true). I'm not knocking that sort of bio but I'm not really that halmarkish special.

So, even though I think blogging can be pretty silly when you see a good one it's so inspiring (halmarkish word...sorry). I've had so many ideas for what I want to blog that my mind is racing around. This morning in the shower I couldn't remember if I had washed my hair or not I was so busy planning my blog.
It all started when I was checking out Jesh de Rox's blog and he highlighed this wedding dance
from youtube (which my awesome friend Deanna taught me how to embed!). It's a super cute wedding dance video and it made me think of funny wedding dances I've had and the two that really stuck out in my mind were both karaoke and both were in the Methow Valley/Sun Mountain area. The world is one big coincidence.

This party was really fun and the dancing was just getting going when Lisa took the mic and busted out a totally perfect "Baby's got Back". It brought the house down!


And that karaoke moment naturally led to Sara and Laurel's most awesome wedding party with Rock-a-Roke--karaoke with a live band. Can you imagine how cool that is? I mean there were backup singers and everything! If I could sing I would be all over that! Ahhh...another if only....


I'm not sure why his pants are off...It was that kind of a party...

1 comment:

jenzai studio said...

This makes me want to be a photographer! Look how much fun you have!