Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby Dinosaurs

Let's just pretend I haven't been awol for awhile...honestly it feels like just yesterday...and then it got hot and then everyone graduated and then I tackled a long list of overdue house projects and an overdue baby quilt and then and then....

Consequently it was just a few weeks ago I was playing at the park with these baby dinosaurs (I know, can you believe it wasn't on the news...real baby dinosaurs!) but it feels like ages.

Usually when I first meet a family there is some preliminary chit chat, ages, names, breakfast cereals, etc...this time dad just melted right away and we were immediately caught up in a world of silly talk, funny faces and rushing about...
Someone really wanted their baby dinosaur booty in the photo...
In a fit of brilliance I had suggested they bring their suits for some fun at the beach. But you know what the beach is when it's really hot and sunny out...really hot and sunny. We all sort of wilted...we took a few snaps, were baby dinosaurs again and then headed back discussing which flavor ice cream they were going to get...now that's what you do on a hot and sunny day!
I love this last shot...the way the little brother is checking out his big bro...seeing what he's doing, laughing and happy to be togehter...(no, really, it was like that!).

1 comment:

susan buchanan said...

your photos of my grandsons are wonderful. i can hardly wait for the real thing. like your blog also, i can see why jack and henry were having so much fun!