Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sassy sacks of sugar

Grace and I go way back and I have often suspected that she was a sassy sack of sugar...this time completely confirmed it...I love kids that are off and running, that take your toot joke or lion roar or funny face and make it better, bigger, more them...of course, it didn't hurt to have her dad along to remind her that there's a fine line between being funny and being a goober. I should keep him in my back pocket to remind me of the same thing.

She really wanted to go in the tree but then, as often happens, it was a bit, well, big. She said under her breath, "be brave". Okay, I'm definitely keeping that in my back pocket...
Lest you worry, Henry's got a little spice of his own.
The last shot was the literally the last shot and it just totally summed up all the love and sweetness that families have...that aura of specialness and togetherness and unity that makes sacks of sugar feel safe, protected and cherished...it's really a special thing I get to be around!

No comments: