Monday, June 1, 2009

You gorgeous you

You've been so patiently waiting for me to finish you...you gorgeous things! So scrappy, full of pajama pants and little boys shirts, grammas pillowcases and crib sheets...We just like to lay around and stare adoringly at you...

It looks like quadruplets but really they are just twins...fronts and back both pieced and quilted.

I know it's not right to have favorites but, well, this one is mine...
All of my quilts have been photographed the same way (all 2 of them) but then I saw Penny Lever Green's website and I love love loved the way she photographed her things in situ (her fancy word, not mine) and it inspired me to do so many things (like finish these quilts even though my quilting was bound to be kookie)...it was hard to show all my favorite little bits in one photo...race cars, fish, scooter boys, chubby kings and queens, cherubs, kitties...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Libby,The quilts are truly beautiful. I am proud to have done just a tiny bit of the work with you. Andn I cannot wait to visit you and sleep under one of them. You are increduble and lovely, and witty also! Love you XXXXXMom

jenzai studio said...

Shame on me for not leaving a comment earlier... These are beautiful! Spectacular, even! Will we get to see them in person at Christmas or were they gifts for somebody else?