Friday, June 26, 2009

Instant attraction

I felt a little nervous and shy when I finally met mom and dad. We'd had such wonderful phone conversations...chatty, funny, irreverent. Like talking with a friend. They sounded fun, I'd even say cool (yeah, I still use that word, what's it to ya...). Would it be so great in person or would it be all business. Were they just buttering the photographers buns (in which case I'll tell you, it works, but so do cookies).

They were wonderful. The kids were alternately sassy and sweet. The parents clearly in love with not only the kids as family but each one as special little individual spirits. "But aren't all parents like that Libby?" Probably. But not always on picture day!







Show of hands...how many of you wish that you had a photo of your mom young and happy and fit and playing with you. me me me



And then, to make it that much better, I got this email from dad, "Libby, Thanks so much. We love the photos. You've preserved forever this season in our lives--the feeling I get when I walk in the door after a long day and see my shining, hilarious girls. I'm so grateful for that."

Enough said.

No comments: