Thursday, October 30, 2008

The unexpected

You know why I love to photograph kids and weddings....the unexpected. I can have an idea...a really sure and confident belief in the photo I would like to make and then poof a kid pretty much grabs my arm and does one of those comedic yanks where I fly up into the air, twist around and land on my back with tweetie birds circling my head. Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic but it almost like when I was a kid and got to drive sitting on my dad's lap (seems shocking in this day and age but it was rural South Dakota). My dad was driving but I definitely had my hands on the wheel. It's like that when I'm shooting...I'm driving but the kids can call the shots just a bit...

You can imagine where I thought he should stand...


And I definitely wouldn't spend a lot of energy trying to get a 7 year old to lay her head lovingly on her 9 year old brothers shoulder (even if right after this she went for the pressure point in his neck...)

No comments: